Goodbye Obsidian Order CoT city!

Anarchy Online in-game screenshots

Moderator: Generals

Sorhan
President

Goodbye Obsidian Order CoT city!

Post by Sorhan »

Sadly, since Funcom decided to sneak attack us with the surprise server merge this morning, we didn't get a chance to plan & host the goodbye-OO-city party I had hoped to do. :(

Obsidian Order has made our home in this Coast of Tranquility plot since AI release day, and we've certainly had a lot of wonderful memories there: raids, phats, parties, and just fun in general. And though we've made some changes and additions over the years (bugged skybar leading to QL300 building upgrade & layout redesign, 9th birthday building sauna, etc.) we've always been proud and happy to call it home.

Goodbye OO CoT city! We will miss you greatly.
Attachments
scrn0247.png
scrn0241.png
scrn0242.png
Endia
Unit Member

Re: Goodbye Obsidian Order CoT city!

Post by Endia »

Bye bye to all the cities that were such amazing ways to get around.. newer players don't know how good they had it. Now they get to suffer :twisted:
Perfect only makes you crazy
Ichty
Squad Commander

Post by Ichty »

Building the sauna was fun :D
Every day is a new beginning, take a deep breath and start again :)
Endia
Unit Member

Post by Endia »

Unless they changed their minds, there should be a voucher for the sauna included. For a while they weren't saying one way or the other, but people kinda threw a fit about it because of the work that went in to building them.
Sorhan
President

Post by Sorhan »

Endia wrote:Unless they changed their minds, there should be a voucher for the sauna included. For a while they weren't saying one way or the other, but people kinda threw a fit about it because of the work that went in to building them.
Yes, sauna is included in the voucher (at least as of last night on TL,) as is the new tax refund building. However, Swimming Pool, Landing Pad, Guard House, Skybar, Cafe, and whompas are NOT included, which is annoying because we already had all of these except Guard House and now have to re-buy/re-build. :( So much for FC promising "a package of every building you can think of." Guess they could not think of very many.
Endia
Unit Member

Post by Endia »

I didn't get to check that part out on test, but I heard the choice in plots is a tiny one that barely fits anything, or one that's way too big and costs an insane amount.
Sorhan
President

Post by Sorhan »

Endia wrote:I didn't get to check that part out on test, but I heard the choice in plots is a tiny one that barely fits anything, or one that's way too big and costs an insane amount.
This is correct and is quite a source of frustration for many people.

I took some screenshots of the large plot (did not bother w/ the small one since it would not work for us) and will be putting it up soon along with other info about the changes so that we can plan our re-build for when the server comes up.
Sozinho
General

Post by Sozinho »

Will miss our city for sure.

It seems like Funcom is doing everything they can to remove as much credits as possible from the game.
Endia
Unit Member

Post by Endia »

I'm sure one of the first things the new regime is going to do is start ramping up the item shop with pay to win items.. so making credit sinks is key to that so that they can sell credits too. That whole thing we were always told would never happen ;)
Endia
Unit Member

Post by Endia »

And yeah.. just got around to noticing they posted patch notes. So they are giving every org that had a city, a sauna. Whether they had one before or not. That's crappy.
Ichty
Squad Commander

Post by Ichty »

I know there will be some change I might not like some of them all I know now is that I have a great org, you guys are awesome. I had great times untill now, hope to have more fun
:D
Every day is a new beginning, take a deep breath and start again :)
Sorhan
President

Post by Sorhan »

Ichty wrote:I know there will be some change I might not like some of them all I know now is that I have a great org, you guys are awesome. I had great times untill now, hope to have more fun
:D
Well said, and way to put it all in perspective. :)