Shohizzle's Obsessive PB Research Thread

Here you can share your knowledge about Rubi-Ka and the Shadowlands with others

Moderator: Generals

Shohizzle
Squad Commander

Shohizzle's Obsessive PB Research Thread

Post by Shohizzle »

Well, I've compiled a spreadsheet containing almost every pocketboss I've ever popped along with its drops. For each symbiant I've calculated its approximate rarity and value. Then, using the rarity and value, I've computed the approximate value of each PB per pop, assuming that only symbiants worth 1m or more get sold in my shop. I've separated PBs by zone in which they drop, and for Scheol I've ranked the PBs by value per pop, since I have the most data on Scheol.

I would recommend Scheolean PBs as a good way to make some credits sub-TL7 because all the supplies required for a PB are common, the dynas are easily soloable to TL5+, and Scheolean PBs that are gray to the popper do not aggro, making them easily soloable. Hopefully this list helps make your farming a little more profitable. I have farmed hundreds of millions of credits this way myself.

FYI: Unpolluted Crystals drop of eremites and croakers, and can be used on RK towers to make crystals usable for PBs. Novictum drops commonly off dyna bosses near ergo in Scheol.

PS: any data of your own PB pops would be appreciated
Attachments
Pocketbosses.zip
12/08/07

401 Spawns
(49.65 KiB) Downloaded 883 times
Last edited by Shohizzle on Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:41 am, edited 14 times in total.
Sorhan
President

Post by Sorhan »

As you probably know already, there is a lot of awesome info for Scheol and below at Shadowlands Library, posted by InfinityNova.

P.S. Woot for sig pictures working! :P
Shohizzle
Squad Commander

Post by Shohizzle »

Seen these before, Infinity is insane...

Looking for more exact numbers, he doesn't always specify number of spawns, number of symbiants of each type, etc. And I can't verify the integrity of some of the other posters' numbers...
Shohizzle
Squad Commander

Post by Shohizzle »

Updated 2/1/06 - Up to 109 spawns

Also finished pricing all the symbiants... Going to work on making it more useful and easier to find the info you want
Sorhan
President

Post by Sorhan »

Stickeh for j00!! :)

Will try to keep track of info when I do PB spawns too, but dunno if I can do it quite like this, heh.
Sorhan
President

Post by Sorhan »

Unstickied for now... what do you think about moving to Rubi-Ka Travel Guide, Sho?
Shohizzle
Squad Commander

Post by Shohizzle »

Why not :)

*Yalms up*
Shohizzle
Squad Commander

Post by Shohizzle »

Posted a link on the official forums. If we get too much traffic, tell me and I will remove it.
Sorhan
President

Sorhan's Ghetto PB Drop Tracker

Post by Sorhan »

I'm a lot lazier than Sho so this is my ghetto tracker:

Adobe Suzerain x3:
Operative Left Hand Symbiant, Artillery x8
Active Feet Symbiant, Infantry x1
Active Ocular Symbiant, Artillery x1
Surviving Ocular Symbiant, Extermination x2
Shohizzle
Squad Commander

Post by Shohizzle »

I'm gonna rezz this thread

Updated with 100 new spawns since last update, including tonight's Pen spawns. I think the rarity information on PBs that have been spawned more than 10 times is fairly accurate. Also, added a table ranking the most profitable Scheol PBs per pop.
Whatchuwant
General

Post by Whatchuwant »

I haven't been tracking number of spawns w/ droprate, but I have been tracking confirmed drops...

I've got a numbeer of confirmed drops that aren't on Ao-Pocket, or are listed as TNH-only drops. I'm also fairly certain that the Pen/Inf PBs loot tables from Ao-Pocket are very incomplete. It appears that once Pande drops were confirmed, a number of less-obvious PBs stopped being paid attention to.

Let me know & I'll try to relay my data to you.
Shohizzle
Squad Commander

Post by Shohizzle »

I'm certain that AO Pocket is incomplete, at least when I was doing most of my PB spawning last year. They miss a few symbiant drops in Scheol, and even a few PBs.

Drop rate is the most interesting to me, because some might farm a PB because it has a chance to drop a valuable symbiant, when another PB might drop a lot of semi-valuable symbiants commonly, which would result in a greater profit.

PS: Sorry for parodying your thread title, but my old title "Symbiants" was a little lacking
Shohizzle
Squad Commander

Post by Shohizzle »

If anyone could do this for me it would help me out a lot. I need that file converted from .xlsx to .xls or .ods and re-zipped and sent back to me. I no longer have software that will read .xlsx.
Sozinho
General

Post by Sozinho »

Shohizzle wrote:If anyone could do this for me it would help me out a lot. I need that file converted from .xlsx to .xls or .ods and re-zipped and sent back to me. I no longer have software that will read .xlsx.
Opened it in Excel and saved it as Excel 97/2003 XLS :)
Attachments
Pocketbosses.zip
(47.83 KiB) Downloaded 792 times
Sorhan
President

Post by Sorhan »

I downloaded a converter for the file then manually converted to .xls

Hopefully it didn't screw up any of the data. Some of the sheets had like a couple hundred thousand extra blank rows for some reason so I deleted those.

Also threw a filter up on the last sheet.
Attachments
Pocketbosses.zip
(32.57 KiB) Downloaded 833 times